Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 1, 2011




A fairly dark morning yields to a glorious day. In meditation the rhythm of my heart pulls my body left, then right, left then right. I feel like a schoolhouse clock. It's fun, The air is cool and Dan and Fran, my two closest friends sleep on.
We thrill Fran with the Lion coffee, banana bread with lilikoi goat's cheese, and then fresh fruit. The cardinals come to brunch. She is ecstatic, so much so, we're late for Charley, the massage therapist at the activities pavilion.



Fran and Dan watch for whales as I pop my earbuds in , hungry for a few more chapters of my book, Water for Elephants.
I watch as they chat happily. Never had I noticed how similar they are energeticlly, obviously kapha doshas. I am pitta, here me flutter.





By noon we are ready to pack it up for the Kilauea Lighthouse, followed by the Kilauea Fish Market and we settle on Anini Beach for some down time. There are three black labs on the beach today, with their paddle boarding partners.



They swim and swim way out towards the reef. We are amazed at their endurance. I am so happy when Fran spots a turtle surfing in the green lagoon, which is our bay. I stroll looking for L O V E in coral remnants, a little gift for my girlfriend.

Then, we run down to Hanalei for a pound of ono, and to the Princeville Foodland for a steak and some more tortillas.(After tonight's surf and turf dinner we will have Ono licious fish for tacos tomorrow night after yoga!)
Pupus are offered at the owner's reception tonight; the usual cheese and crackers, edamame and wine. There are some funny jokes and Earl tells us that he just lost his long time friend, Gordon. Earl asks Gordy, what can you tell me about dying? Gordy says, "Enjoy your life, enjoy your family!" Now we understand why Earl has been so cloudy.

A deep breath, we retreat each evening to the bluffs to say good night to the whales. They have been quiet today. Often they are after high surf days. Fran has a little business to tend to. I make a green salad and Dan moseys down to the grill lanai with our fresh catch and a rib eye, Earl is there with his marinated lamb. Long Island Kim with her meal. I love laying on my back, watching stars, tonight it's Venus.
We eat to candlelight on the lanai. A gurgle as we pour the Coppola Shiraz and the McMaster's slack key guitar are the only sounds.

Franny and I giggle over Lara Schissel on Facebook and Dan plays Words with Friends, it's been a lovely day in Paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment