Popular Posts

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Massage, Market and Moloaa




We're moving faster than usual today. Always happy for a calm center each morning before the whirligigging...
I was hoping for another neck massage at the New Residents Reception today, and it's Melissa, the yoga teacher I was disappointed with. Last year I was pleased with her. How mercurial of me. I guess I needed more attention and was giving off confident,independent vibes.She gives a loving massage.


Dan reminds me we need to get down to the Farmer's Market in Hanalei. We have a list and although we don't want to be a part of the initial stampede, they do sell out.
We need Lemons, greens, goat's cheese, something for the soba noodles, more bananas and a pineapple. Fran is arriving in the morning and I want to make a fresh pineapple infused vodka today.
We go to the Bluff for our slow start, AND it's teeming with whale counters. We settle in on two remaining chairs. Here I can double task, listening to my Water for Elephants book and watching whales frolic offshore.



Half the day remains and our hunger is increasing. Dan has heard of another 'sustainability' venture: Common Grounds, a restaurant and garden. I have a pile of Dark, Leafy Greens topped with macadamia nuts. This might affect me tomorrow :0 I have shied away from Kale since I know it as a flower, And I am embracing it now. . .Dan is disappointed with his steak wrap. It measure 3 by 3 inches and it's a meager offering. More interesting is the clientele here, Gorgeous, well to do young and 'organic'. I say too much 'female energy'.

Moloaa Beach awaits. We love crawling onto a remote beach to relax under a lilting palm and hear the roar of surf echoing. My book is quite good. Going for a walk I throw myself into half moon poses, reflecting the curve of this pretty bay.
It felt good to 'be' yoga, and I wish my teacher were here for many reasons, but just now, to hold me and rotate me open! I love it this way too, every time I fall out, a new beginning. And a laugh.


Dan has made dinner reservations at Bar Acuda for seven. We actually plan our meal to keep the cost down. I am wearing the brown Tropical Tantrum dress. This is romantic.
We begin with the apple, honeycomb and Humbolt Fog goat's cheese. The cheese is 'blue' and I love it. The comb is dark and waxy, I chew it remembering a wax tubular candy from my childhood.
Next a chop salad to share, green beans and carrots, avocado and raddichio carefully molded into a round and topped with a micro green bouquet.
Dan orders the short rib on a polenta bed. He says it's bland.
We share my Lobster Pot pie, it's very good, I note that I always prefer raw, cool foods.
For dessert there is an almond cake, with cherry compote and the smallest sweetest scoop of ice cream. Just right for two. In fact, It's a feast.
We return to our home at the Cliffs for sweet slumber, though Dan doesn't sleep well.
Mahalo and we welcome week two. Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment