Popular Posts

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Friday



We've been soo in the moment this week, deciding as the day arises, What next?
This morning the mango mac nut bread we bought in Anahola Sunday, with the lilikoi cheese is breakfast, as we watch the rainy wetness turn warm and tropical.
This little cardinal pays a visit. . .We'll share our feast!
Then it's off to the bluff to sit mesmerized for an hour, or more. The eye exercises must be good. Searching for whales, near, and afar, then checking e mails or reading.
About then, Dan asks, "What shall we do today?" I laugh with delight and lob an answer. . .some days it starts with the ideal beach, or a lunch spot, or is indicated by weather. Today is windy so we settle by the pool to read and rest. We must need it, for it comes naturally to close the eyes, immersing' in the fragrance and jungle tweets, crisp chirping, and Ne Ne honking. I love seeing Dan so happy! and at ease! At last, Dan offers to bring beer, doused with passion guava fruit juice. It reminds us to make a decision regarding which lunch and which beach.




( Do you see my neck? I must say I've been having trouble with it since that rash last month. It's tired with TMJ dislocation and the massage here last week really helped!)
Red Hot Mamas in Wainiha is our choice. We'll buy burritos and settle upon the beach to feast! Relapsing to our books and the heavenly sound of waves crashing to shore at Wainiha Beach Park. High surf warnings; up to forty feet, are common this time of year.
I look up and Dan`O snaps my photo, just as I am finishing my delightful read, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I hope there is a sequel!



We need a few things at the grocery in Princeville. Local Green Chile Tortillas, sour cream and an avocado for our fish tacos tonight. I am planning on making pineapple vodka tomorrow for a cocktail I will serve when Francesca arrives on Sunday.

Then I suggest taking another Relax Deeply class from 5:30-7. Dan says sure! I will post about it separately. It was very pleasant with a sweet Swede teaching is a lovely accent.
Dan makes pineapple salsa and a guacamole with jalapenos and fresh lime juice, that was out of this world. We felt we needed to learn more about the situation in Egypt, so we ate in front of the telly. "Lokaha Somasta Sukino Bhavantu! May All Beings Everywhere Be Happy and Free!

I served up the Haupia ice cream for dessert with a Delta airline cookie (from my trip to Omaha).

No comments:

Post a Comment