Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bhavani's Relax Deeply

After a day in the Limahuli Gardens, it was time to head for yoga. I want to share this deep healing style of yoga with Fran.
Bhavani greets us warmly as we enter, "Hello Susan." SHE TELLS ME SHE IS USING MY NAME AND STORY IN THE NEWSLETTER SHE IS WRITING. The stories of guests to Kauai who come yearly, like migrating whales or birds to study here at Yoga Hanalei. this is about my eighth year.
I am lost in time with Bhavani, fresh and ancient simultaneously. She says time was created, because it is all happening at once, and we can't comprehend it.
She talked about prana as light, sound, motion, and other phenomenon; my mind was reeling.
She told us of doctors who anesthetized people and then could put them into crazy yoga positions, once they released 'holding'. profound!
She read from a book she'd owned for twenty years written by Vanda Scavarelli. And all I could say was WOW! The vastness of my studies here.
The poses? Well we worked with the organs of respiration, yogic breathing to increase prana and move prana. A childs pose and two internally rotated twists, lengthening the spine over a bolster.
She said people loose 3/4 inch of height in a day. After work they adjust their rear view mirrors as a necessity, they have compression! It is good to practice spanal extentions every day. That's what we did~
We worked with chakras: the solar plexus and Anahate, seeing them as wheels lying horizontally. maybe we skipped the vissuda, I got a bloody nose somewhere along the line. Then moving prana between the eye brows to agna chakra and she spoke of babyies whose fontanels are still open and the crown chakra.
Whew, a lot of information. She helped Fran and all of us, tucking shoulderblades under, finding length in the torso, ribcage.
The only new restorative pose was supta gomukasana.
Then! When I thought it was over, she approached me and commented on how much change she's seen in me over the last few years. Yes! I know. . .I am so happy. I tell her about The Shanti and Yvonne, and invite her to come! She asked if I am authorized to invite, "I am an apprentice..." I know I am not authorized, but KNOW she and Yvonne (having the 'V' in the similar place of their names) will adore one another for life. Bhavani says her teacher allows her to 'come' when she is invited...curious. And so sweet, like me a child and student foremost.
Well, enough goodness for now. Love, Susan
P.S. She is going to use my last name, spelled with an 'f'.

No comments:

Post a Comment